Like a credit or debit card linked to your balance
Virtual Cards can be issued to OCF’s hosted Collectives for paying online for things like: recurring payments, utility bills, online resources/tools, subscriptions, vendors (e.g. wholesale distributors), etc.
- Cards must be used in compliance with our policy below.
- Monthly virtual card limits will be reset on the 1st of each month
- Funds are spent only as transactions occur. - Setting up a card does not remove any money from your Collective's budget.
- Submit a virtual card request (either on OCF's page, or on your own) with the intended use of the card and the amount budgeted for that monthly
- Please include Vendor + Amounts (rough estimates are fine) in your card request.
- The virtual card with that limit will be set up for your collective.
- If, at any point, you need to make changes to your card request (either for vendor changes or for limit increase/decrease), please contact us at [email protected] with the intended use and the amount increase needed.
- To receive an increase, Collective must have a budget on their Open Collective account that exceeds the corresponding amount, and must demonstrate that a higher limit is necessary (vendor + amount details).
- You must inform us if your vendors for your card change
- Collectives must have a minimum of 2 admin members
- These are virtual cards. No physical card will be issued, so these cannot be used in-store.
- Collective must have a budget on their Open Collective account that exceeds the corresponding card amount.
- Receipts must be submitted within 30 days. If a receipt is not submitted within 30 days, the card access will be paused until you do submit the receipt
- The card's Assignee is responsible for collecting and uploading the receipts.
- Virtual cards may not be used for paying LLCs or sole proprietorship businesses more than $599 in a calendar year. For $600 or more in a calendar year, the business must invoice
- Virtual cards are intended to be used only by Collective Admins/Team Members. This means that program recipients may not use a virtual card to purchase groceries for themselves.
- Virtual cards may not be used to pay rent on behalf of Collectives or program recipients without prior approval from OCF staff, to ensure that all contracts are properly in place.
- 1.Collective admins request the card from OCF
e.g.:Zoom Monthly Subscription $50/monthUhaul Storage Unit $500/monthAmazon cleaning supplies $80/monthTarget Household Supplies $20/monthTotal: $650/month
- 1.Visit your Collective's page
- 2.Click Actions -> Request a Card
- 3.Please include vendor details and pricing details in your request (estimates are ok).
2. OCF will assign the virtual card (please allow time for processing)
3. Once assigned, the card assignee will be notified via email. The card's details will appear in the Collective's Settings for admins to use. (in accordance with this policy)
- 1.The funds will be withdrawn from your Collective
- 2.An "Invitation to submit an expense" will be sent to your Collective admins
- 1.Admins will be asked to submit your receipt. (If the receipt is not submitted within 30 days, the card access will be paused until you do submit the receipt).
- Name: Open Collective Foundation
- Address: 440 N Barranca Ave #3717, Covina, CA 91723
- Sometimes, if you are having physical items mailed, they will expect the zip codes to match. In these cases, you can use your own address/zip code.
Timing will be 30-90 days.